Friday, February 13, 2009

Interview of Threes Kapoor

Dear Readers,
This time I am publishing the interview of Mr Threes Kapoor. Basically a moutaneer and Landscape Photographer. He loves moutraines. Enjoy and learn from his interview and photographs.He can be contacted at ---threesh@rediffmail.com Rajendra



To begin at the beginning…how did you get started?
I was born in the hills of Utterakhand in Almora town.Since child hood I was interested in nature and art.I got my first camera a boc when I was in class sixth.Since then Iam photographing.
What equipment you currently use and why. Do you think costly equipments are necessary for good photography?
At present Iam using a canon 350d degital camera with 18-55 and 75-300 zoom lenses.Iam using this camera because I wanted to swith over from Nikon analog to Canon digital because of quick focusing and low noice.That time this was the cheapest camera.I dont think costly equipment are necessary for good photography therefore Ihave the basic model.But now I have started feeling that I need full frame body with some fast lense .
Which medium you prefer, B/W, Color Film or Colour Transparency and why?
Initially I was using B/W and than colour slide because colour printing was not available at my place and slides were easy to project for my social work and printing.
You like conventional or Digital phototherapy why?
I had a feling that no one can rplace film photography but when I could not get films of my choice I switched over to digital.It is having many limitations but lot of conveniance .Now I can shoot as many shots I like and get resonable qualit images.
Have you studied photography anywhere?
I am a self taught man and have not studied photographyany where.I feel that is my weakness.
Can you name few photographers who influenced you or you find that you consciously or unconsciously copy his style?
I was influenced by Shri Sharad Devare,Shri T.Kasinath,Kr Shukdeo,Anil Risal Sing,Shri Naresh Singh and Ansal Admas.
How would you rate Indian photographers with their International counterparts?
-Indian photographers are thebest in the world.
Photography is your profession or only your hobby?

Photography is my hobby though I have contributed ffor over 28 boods and many calenders ,diaries,greetings cards etc
Iam Chairman of Uttaranchal Gramin Bank on deputation from State Bank of INdia.IIam Dy G.M. of SBI.
Which field of photography-Pictorial, Journalism, Nature , Fashion Still life or Advertising you like most and why?
Iam basically a land scape photographer and that too of Himalayas .Himalayas are themost beautiful creation of the nature.
In your view which is your best photograph and why ?
Iam yet to shoot my best photo as i fel after that my creative thinking will stop.
Besides photography what are your other hobbies?
Iam a social worker and trekker and mountaineer.
You have got prizes in many completion please let us know about few of them.
Over 500 acceptances alover the country and abroad.Awards from MUMBAI,Calcutta,Lucknow ,Nainital,Bareilly etc places.
Please tell us how and when you got your different honors.
I got AIIPC some time in 1993
Have you written any book, discovered any process, then let us know about that?
I have contributed for over 28 books .Valley of flower and Kailash mansarover 1078 shiva chrome are my exclusive books .
Tell us about future of photography in India.
Iam from a small town ,no one efer taught me.Therefore when ever I get a chance Iarrange free workshops for remote places,give lecture to school and institute ,arrange slide shows and organise photography exhibitions.I have started first art gallery of Uttarakhand in Dehradun in my office and the place is available to all photographers free of cost for 15 days with all support.Iam building pressure on state Govt to start a art centre in the state.Iam also building a Himalaya study cintre at Kausani which will have 3 art galleries ,cinemascope and amphitheater.
What you did or whish to do for budding photographers.
Study light and do photgraphy.Taking photogrphs will make you god photographer.There is no substitute to hard work.

No comments:

Photoshop tutorial